Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Perfect for a Fall Night

The weather has been crazy lately! Last week it was FREEZING! This week, its cold in the morning and night and super warm during the day so soup has been on my mind.

This week my parents went out of town and I am watching the house, my grandmother, the dogs, my sister(for the most part) and picking up the baby my mom picks up for a friend and takes to daycare three times this week. ONTOP of working 40 hours. It's only Tuesday and I am exhausted. Since I am in charge of making dinner this week, I made Loaded Baked Potato Soup. This is a recipe I got from a Pampered Chef Magazine and you are suppose to make it in the microwave. Instead, I threw everything in the crock pot and cooked it all day.

Below is the recipe the way it reads
Ingredients:

3 Large Baking Potatoes
3 1/2 cups milk, divided
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp butter
2-3 green onions with tops, sliced
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper

Optional  toppings such as chopped cooked bacon, sour cream or steamed broccoli florets

Directions:
1.) Slice potatoes in half lengthwise; place in dish. Pour 1/2 cup of the milk over potatoes. Microwave covered, on HIGH 11 minutes. Remove dish from microwave. Move center potatoes to ends of dish and outer potatoes to center. Cover; microwave on HIGH 8-11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Remove dish from microwave. Coarsely mash potatoes.

2.) Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add remaining 3 cups milk, whisking until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture and butter to dish. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until mixture is hot. Slice green onions.

3.) Carefully remove dish from microwave. Grate cheddar cheese over soup; add green onions, salt and black pepper and mix until cheese is melted. Serve with toppings is desired.

This is a great recipe! I highly recommend it!

** Kroger has mini bread loafs on sale for 10/$10 which was perfect to serve them in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home