Thursday, September 22, 2011

Coffee Anyone?

Who doesn't love a good, hot cup of coffee? While I prefer my Starbucks over most places and homes, I do love a good cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I also love my New Jersey Housewives! Which is where I got this great Cinnamon-Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe from! Teresa, from RHONJ, came out with a cookbook last year and I found this recipe and love, love, love it!

Ingredients

3 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup toasted, peeked and coarsely chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, for kneading

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Whip eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla and Cinnamon in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. In another bowl, stir in flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir into the egg mixture to make a stiff, sticky dough. Stir in the hazelnuts.

3. Stick in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.

4. Sprinkle the confectioners' sugar over the work surface. Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead gently until the dough is cohesive and loses its stickiness.
** This is where after making this recipe several times, I change the recipe.
I shape my dough into a large rectangle about 10 inches long and about an inch think. Then I cut across the middle of the dough and then cut strips about 1/2 inch wide.

5. Place them on the cookie sheet and back for 20 minutes!

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home